This is a summary of hardware and software requirements for Smartsource Data Collection installations.
For all installations, note the following:
- Installation on a domain controller is not supported.
- A gigabyte network is recommended for medium and larger installations.
- If installed to a virtual machine, both the RAM and CPUs need to be reserved for the machine, and the limits set to match the reservations.
- 2 core processor, 1 GB RAM
- 200 MB storage for every one million server calls
Supported Operating Systems
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2019
Webtrends supports installation of Webtrends software on the following virtualization products only:
VMWare ESX, versions 3.5 and above
VMWare ESXi, versions 3.5 and above
The SDC may be run in a virtual environment with these characteristics:
Webtrends SDC On Premises v9.2.1 or higher
vSphere (VMWare and ESXi) v4.1 or 5.0
Virtual network adapter VMXNET 3 with default buffer settings
SmartSource Data Collector Hardware Requirements are fulfilled.
Webtrends does not support installation of Webtrends software on any other virtualization products, including the following:
VMware GSX Server